Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tool #1

Two years ago, I got to create my Yahoo Avatar, the one at Voki.com is interactive and fun, but I really wish I could have my Wii one, which really looks like me, who knows maybe in two years ;)
Lately, more and more bloggers are trying to get an audience, you can actually follow them now if you want; All I can think now is the "Julie and Julia" movie, It all started as a blog.
I'm thinking we can integrate literacy skills and blogs
. Purpose: Do they want to share knowledge and resources, keep a track of learning, or try to get followers.
. CCP: What elements we can find in a good blog, we can Consume, Critique and then let them Produce their own blogs.
.Fiction vs. Non fiction: Do they want to write, illustrate and animate their own stories, or want to follow current events on the news. Use www.stormpulse.com to track storms and make weather predictions.

2 comments:

Ma-Donna said...

You have inspired me to keep going.
My nickname for you is the queen of the 11 tools.

Kathy Lee said...

I think you really understand the impact these 11 tools can have on our school.